Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club set in almost 200 acres of beautiful Staffordshire Countryside is looking to appoint a head greenkeeper. Over the past ten years the venue has seen significant investment to make it one of the most premier golf break destinations in the region. Earlier in 2020 the Club invested by renewing its fleet of mowers with a John Deere dealership lease and is currently in the early stages of constructing a par 3 golf course to complement its existing 18 hole parkland layout.
The successful candidate will join a forward thinking, friendly and aspirational club. They must be capable of leading a green keeping team and have the pride, passion and mind-set that is committed to presenting a course that exceeds the expectations of members, visitors, guests and residents.
They will need to demonstrate a professional and modern approach to green keeping, the ability to communicate, lead & develop a team, in addition to being experienced, hardworking, reliable, and highly motivated.
Reporting to the General Manager, this full-time position has become available with contracted 40 hours per week.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- Drive, passion, and attention to detail to take the course forward
- Experience of developing and managing a Strategic Course Development Plan including the management of capital expenditure programmes
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of preparing a golf course to a high standard with a firm, fast, running concept
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Green keeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, develop and mentor others.
- Personnel, IT and budget management skills, and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date, and fully compliant with legislation
- PA1, 2 and 6a spraying certificates
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of golf course construction including the construction of greens for our par 3 course.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Staff Welfare legislation.
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery
- Knowledge of repairs of irrigation systems
- NPTC Chainsaw licence
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (This can be provided once probation is completed)
- Good understanding of golf or a regular golfer
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications and will be negotiable.
Due to the expected high level of applicants, only those successful for interview will be contacted.
Those successful for interview will be notified by 20th December.
Applicants should email with their full CV with a detailed covering letter and salary expectation to:
Mr D Lowe
General Manager, Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club, Aldridge Road, Walsall, Ws4 2JS