Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club is set in 200 acres of beautiful countryside sandwiched between Walsall and Aldridge.
The venue has recently re-opened from a covid lockdown and is striving to get back to offer quality food and a friendly service to its extremely busy venue.
Calderfields offers a diverse array of dining facilities from private dining, conferences, live tribute acts and parties, weddings, hotel residents and much more.
Due to recently re-opening, we are seeking a talented professional who is looking for an immediate start.
- A minimum of 2-year experience as a Sous Chef.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have access to your own vehicle or public transport with early starts and late finishes.
- Be available to work over a 7-day flexible rota, including weekends, bank holidays and festive periods.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Support the Head Chef to deliver outstanding fresh food, creating a great guest experience.
- Achieve excellence in food hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Control ordering of ingredients and equipment.
- Proactively overcome all problems relating to food quality.
- Support in recruitment and training.
- Create an environment that promotes learning and respect.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Continue the great working relationship with Front of House.
Our new Sous Chef will have:
- Proven experience as Sous Chef.
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate.
- Ability to run a busy kitchen in the absence of the head chef.
- Previous experience with rational ovens and equipment (Desirable but not essential)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £19,030.00-£23,000.00 per year