Calderfields Hotel, Golf and Country Club sits within 170 acres of beautiful Countryside between Aldridge and Walsall in the West Midlands. Its fantastic local reputation is testament to the hard work done by current & previous teams within the company.
Calderfields is one of the Midlands’ premier venues for Weddings, Private events and Dining, Conferences and Golf and Leisure. We are now looking for a Head Chef who will continue our successful route and play a huge role in developing and maintaining our dedicated team within the department.
Key duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all food items and products are stored, prepared and served based on the Venues menus, preparation and portion standards
- Evaluating and training kitchen personnel accordingly and making employment and termination decisions
- Ordering kitchen materials and ingredients based on the menu and market demand
- Building a rapport with local and national suppliers and keeping abreast of industry issues and purchasing at the most competitive prices.
- Supervising food preparation in the kitchen and ensuring that customers are satisfied
- Maintaining clean working environments and making sure that employees follow the venues general practices to aid us in upholding our current 5 star hygiene rating.
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels and conducting weekly inventories
- Working with the Front of House Manager to create menu items, pricing and establishing portion sizes of each meal
- Scheduling shifts by business hours, days, and business needs keeping staffing levels to a practical and economical level at all times.
- Overseeing the training of employees to ensure the safe operation of kitchen equipment and utensils and the proper handling of heavy items and hazardous materials.
- To operate the kitchen and work with the Front of House Manager to an agreed Gross Profit margin on a quarterly basis.
- Competitive Pay- Based upon experience.
- 40 hours a week contract over 5 days
- Discount on food & drink whilst on shift
- Supportive Management
- Free onsite parking
- Staff Tips
Ideal Candidate should have (Experience/Knowledge/Skills)
- Previous experience as a Head chef for a minimum of 3 years at a similar venue who can handle volume and multiple events.
- Proven track record of cost controls, including labour management.
- Proven track record of producing banquets and catering for large functions using a rationale oven or similar.
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
Dependent on knowledge and experience.
- 10-hour shifts
- 12-hour shifts
- 8-hour shifts
- Day and Evening shifts
- Weekday and Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Chef: 3 years (required)
- English (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Our Reference ID: HC2024
How to apply
Apply in writing with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Tuesday 5th March 2024