Society Golf Trips/ Residential Golf breaks- Terms and Conditions:
Please read these Conditions carefully in order to avoid any misunderstandings regarding the terms on which bookings are accepted.
1. All bookings of facilities at Calderfields Golf and Country Club (hereafter called “the Venue”) are accepted upon the following terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions, together with the venues written quotation on the one hand and Client’s written confirmation in respect of the booking on the other hand shall constitute the contract between the Client and the venue and such contract shall come into effect immediately upon receipt of written confirmation from the Client or their agent including Your Golf Travel, Golf Breaks.com or any other third party agent.
3. The venue reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at its own discretion provided such amendments are notified in writing to the Client at the time of the booking.
4. The venue reserves the right to revise quotations where prices may be affected due to reasons beyond its control. And in such event will do so in writing to the Client.
5. A golf day or society booking is for a minimum of nine full paying persons. Any variation from this will be at the sole discretion of the venue.
6. A provisional booking is made on completion and submission of a booking form or email to the venue.
7. All bookings require a deposit, and Valid Credit/Debit card details within 14 days of the provisional booking, unless the event occurs less than 14 days from booking in which case the deposit, card detail, is required at time of booking.
8. All bookings require a deposit which is non-refundable unless the venue, at its discretion offers to re-fund all or part of the monies.
9. Bookings are provisional until receipt of appropriate written confirmation or deposit and signed copy of these terms and conditions. The venue reserves the right to cancel a booking without liability in the event of non-payment of a deposit. On failing to sign these terms and conditions, the client accepts these terms as of the day of the event.
10. Deposits are non-refundable except under circumstance defined in section 24.
11. Business customers wishing credit facilities must ensure that adequate arrangements are in place no later than one month prior to the event.
12. In the absence of such arrangements a deposit of £10 per person is required at time of booking
ARRANGEMENTS AND NUMBERS ATTENDING
13. The Client must confirm to the venue all information necessary to organize the event. Including the anticipated number of attendees and details of special dietary requirements and menu selections, not less than 14 working days prior to the golf event. Where a booking is made at less than 14 days notice, all such information must be confirmed at the time of the booking.
14. Final confirmed numbers are required no later than 7 days prior to the event. Where the actual attendance on the day varies from final confirmed numbers the account shall be calculated on the number confirmed by the Client or the number actually attending, whichever is greater.
15. The venue reserves the right to reallocate the golf event if the attendance differs significantly from the predicted number. The venue will give written notice of amendments prior to the event if given a reasonable notice period of changes by the Client. The venue reserves the right to make any necessary amendments to the proposed menu, facilities or itinerary. In the event of adverse weather conditions preventing the commencement of a round of golf, the venue is within its rights to try and accommodate the party by offering an alternative. This alternative may include but not limited to a session in the golf simulator room but will not always be possible. If this action is not possible, refer to section 25.
16. Cancellation charges are based upon the client’s most recent confirmation.
17. In the event of cancellation prior to an event the charges are as outlined in the matrix below. All deposits are non refundable.
18. These costs will be outlined at time of booking and should be stated on the booking form.
19. The venue will make every attempt to resell cancelled booking space/times or cabins and use the profit in calculation of cancellation charges.
20. The venue may, at its’ sole discretion, cancel at any time, any event it deems may prove unsuitable or disruptive to the venue as a whole. Although not bound to do so the venue would, if permitted, offer a minimum of 48hrs notice in consideration of the Client’s need to seek alternative arrangements. In such event the venue will refund all monies paid in advance by the Client and shall be deemed to have no further liability arising from the cancellation. In the event that a Client is found to have misrepresented the nature of an event, the venue reserves the right to cancel the event without refund of monies paid in advance.
21. For all society bookings payment is to be made in full no later than 7 days before the event.
22. The venue reserves the right to action payment of any outstanding balance post event by use of the Clients payment details and will forward a receipt of payment to the address given by the Client. The venue will attempt to notify the client before action of payment is taken.
23. The Client shall indemnify the venue against any loss, damage, cost or expense caused to or suffered by the venue or any agents, guest or employee of the venue. Arising as a result of the deliberate, casual or accidental act of the Client, his agent, employee or guest of the function.
24. The venue reserves the right to alter playing conditions of a golf event if forced to do so for the benefit of the course. In the event of course closure by decision of the venue, the venue will make every attempt to notify the party organizer.
25. The venue is not liable to offer reductions or reimbursement in the event that weather affects the function/ golf event in any way whatsoever excluding section 24.
26. The venue shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the property owned by, or in the custody of the Client or his agents, employees or guest. Cars are parked in the venue’s car park is entirely at the risk of the owners and their guests. Clients leave property in their cabins entirely at their own risk.
27. The Client will not arrange for the delivery of any goods or material to the venue without prior permission from the venue’s General Manager.
28. The Client shall not introduce into the venue any inflammable or hazardous material nor shall he or his agent, employee or guests, commit any act or erect any structure, which may endanger the venue, or any persons within it. Clients will be responsible for ensuring that all measures necessary for the good health and safety of their employees, agents and guests are employed and enforced.
29. The venue does not allow the consumption of drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) or foods not purchased through the site into the venue.
30. The Client agrees to take full responsibility, and reimburse the venue, for the cost of repair arising from any damage to the property, contents or course and grounds, including the cabins by their employees, agents or guests.
31. The venue reserves the right to impose the pre-authorization charge of up to £500 per guest for soiling, deliberate damage, unpaid tabs, unpaid balances or other charges caused by irresponsible or unacceptable behaviour.
32. The Client is responsible for ensuring that any third party, employed by them complies with all statutory and management requirements.
33. The venue must comply with certain insurance/licensing and statutory regulations and requires the client to cooperate fully in meeting these. Any outside entertainment must provide a PAT certificate and a public liability certificate with a minimum of 5 million pounds at least 7 days prior to the event.
34. All events must end at the time stated in the contract, failing which the venue reserves the right to charge additional hire/fees and any staff costs arising as a result.
35. All prices quoted exclude VAT unless otherwise stated.
36. The venue shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any terms or conditions of Contract where compliance is prevented, hindered or delayed by any cause beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, storm, explosion, flood, Act of God, action of any Government or Government Agency, labor shortage, electrical power failure, interruption of supplies or industrial action.
37. Handicap certificates may be required and basic playing proficiency, knowledge of etiquette and the rules of golf is expected. Appropriate dress must be worn, for example, jeans and round neck t-shirts are not permitted. Golf shoes must be worn. The venue has the right to ask anyone not following these rules and etiquette to leave or indeed cancel the event should the dress code not be rectifiable.
38. The Event must start and finish at the times specified on the booking form. Changes to these times may not be possible unless previously agreed with the venue.
39. Equipment Storage. The venue does not accept any liability for loss or damage to any item of equipment, furniture, stock or the like, left in storage. Lockers and your personal cabin are provided for storage. The venue does not recommend leaving any belongings or valuables in your cars and cannot accept any responsibility for any items left unattended.
The Clubhouse, cabins and surrounds
40. The client is required to remain within their allocated room/s and any disturbance or poor conduct shown towards any other guests enjoying the venue, may result in loss of damage retainer and or the clients event being immediately stopped and cancelled.
41. Last orders, unless a late licence has been pre paid for is 11:30pm with the venue to close at 12 midnight in the golfers lounge. Visiting golfers are not permitted to drink under the licence of a private function (IE Wedding) on the venue’s premises. The venue manager has the right to amend these times at his discretion without prior warning.
42. Residents of the venues cabins are not permitted to bring outside guests into their rooms who are not already signed in as a guest of that particular cabin. Breach of this rule
Will result in the guest in question being removed from the venue and further charges may apply to the party.
43. Any behaviour deemed to be unjust or illegal such as loud music, foul or abusive language, racial discrimination or the use of illegal substances will result in the party being removed from the venue and in certain cases, and the police may be called.
44. Changing in the car park is strictly prohibited.
45. No clubs, trolleys or large equipment is to be carried through or left in the reception area.
46. Golf clubs and all other equipment are not permitted to be left over night in the changing room facilities or any other area of the venue including lockers.
47. Each player must report to golf shop to receive their retail vouchers, welcome pack and to learn any local rules for that particular day.
48. Spiked shoes are acceptable, providing they are clean, in our spike lounge. However, golf shoes and outdoor clothing are not permitted in our main lounge or restaurant area. Hats and baseball caps are not permitted in any area of the clubhouse.
49. Golf buggies are strictly forbidden from being driven to the venues’ car park and cabins.
50. It is the responsibility of the individual when hiring a buggy to ensure its safe return. Any damage incurred to the buggy whilst in the individuals care will be deducted from the £500 pre authorisation taken upon arrival.
51. Large groups are not permitted to gather around the 1st tee and must be courteous to other guests at all times during their stay.
52. An additional charge will apply to any guest requiring additional laundry items. This includes towels.
53. If independent suppliers are employed the client is responsible for ensuring the correct health and safety and public liability is held by that supplier, section 33 also applies here.
54. If independent suppliers do not provide the necessary documentation the venue reserves the right to suspend the booking at any time.
Date of Cancellation Cancellation charge payable by you
7 days or more
All deposits lost*
7 – 3 days Prior to Event
50% of the total booking value*
2 – 0 days Prior to Event
00% of the total booking Value*
6 months or more
Loss of deposit
25% of the balance
50% of the balance
1 month or less
*Terms with third party booking agents may vary.