Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Position: Director of Golf
For the first time in our history, we are seeking a Director of Golf!
Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club set in idyllic grounds between Walsall and Aldridge, West Midlands boasts a par 72, 6246-yard parkland golf course with short game practice facilities, a strong membership section, 5000 play and stay guests per anum, an abundance of golf societies and much more.
Calderfields is looking for a dynamic and commercially minded Director of Golf, PGA qualified preferred, who can head up the entire department and drive the business forward.
- Reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
- To take personal responsibility for the professional delivery and development of all aspects of the golf operations and to ensure that member and guest expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- It will include a proactive sales role to attract new members and retain the existing ones.
- To be responsible for the golf stock and purchasing.
- To draw up and implement operational plans ensuring that objectives are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, timed and support the vision for the facility.
- To continuously review and develop standard operating procedures for each area of the golf department to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst maximising revenue and profitability.
- To manage a team of PGA Professionals, a golf sales team and retail assistants.
- To liaise with the Head green keeper on upkeeping course and range standards.
- To produce monthly reports on financial performance, stock control, course utilisation, sales and marketing activity, and human resources.
- To oversee the care and maintenance of all the physical assets of the golf facility.
- To assure operational compliance with current legislation alongside the guidance of the Directors.
- To establish a strong junior academy and ladies’ section and utilise the upcoming Par 3 golf course to its full potential.
- To build new and maintain existing links with local schools to deliver taster golf sessions.
- To commercially manage the golf department, building relationships with local companies in the form of sponsorship and support.
- People-focused Leader, Motivator, Team builder, coaching and mentoring style, positive, strong interpersonal skills and commercially minded.
- Class AA member of PGA or higher preferred.
- Must be IT Literate.
- A minimum of 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in supervision/management of a golf business/operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of budgets, services, and sales within the golf facilities is preferred.
This position is a full-time role and 5 days over 7 Monday to Sunday. Minimum of 40 hours per week on a flexible rota between the hours of 7 am and 9 pm.
We offer a competitive salary with 28 days’ holiday together with free parking, 50% discount off food and beverages whilst on duty, free golf membership plus more benefits.
Salary dependant on experience.
Applicants must apply with a covering letter and current CV.
Closing date: Monday 17th April 2023.