Bar Manager Job Description
“Calderfields Hotel, Golf & Country Club” based in Aldridge, West Midlands, is a thriving venue offering everything from a twenty Log cabin accommodation, popular wedding venue, busy restaurant and entertainment suites, golf course, fishing lake as well as the perfect venue for all conferencing and private parties.
Our Bar Manager takes responsibility for the financial success of the bar which services all of our facilities.
You will have a range of duties, including a small amount of administrative, leadership and practical tasks.
Your main function is to ensure that you serve and run the bar efficiently and that the customer has the best possible experience. You are also responsible for the success and development of the bar staff.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading a small team of bar staff by example, pitching in to help with drink mixing or table service where necessary.
- Ensuring that the bar is fully staffed, particularly during peak times.
- Managing stock control with inwards goods and sales via an epos system.
- Creating a welcoming environment for customers
- Ensuring consistent, high-quality beverages are served to customers
- Dealing with customer feedback and providing adequate solutions to customer complaints
- Creating a positive work environment for staff and encouraging their career development
- Monitoring inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock.
- Overseeing the cleanliness of staff and the physical bar area and paying attention to possible health hazards and regulation violations
- Bringing ideas to the board for themed nights, drinks menus and social ideas.
Our ideal candidate for this position:
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 year’s previous experience in golf clubs and or hotel bars in a similar role.
- Must be courteous and focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent self-presentation.
£20,000-£23,000.00 per year dependant on experience.
Full-time, Contract, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- English (required)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bartending: 2 years (preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (required)
Apply with a CV and covering letter briefly outlining your experience to email@example.com”