“Calderfields Golf & Country Club” are looking to recruit a qualified Deputy Head Greenkeeper to join our existing team.
Set in 170 acres of landscaped countryside just outside Walsall, West Midlands- Calderfields offers an 18 hole parkland golf course, fishing lake and an under construction par 3 course.
The par 72 measures 6,599 yards from the back tees giving a challenge to even the experienced golfer alternatively the middle or front tees will provide a very enjoyable round.
The Golf Club is fast approaching its half centenary and in recent years has become recognised by the County Golf Unions where it has hosted multiple County fixtures. The venue is also one of the top Midlands places to visit for play and stay golfers from around the UK with a phenomenal food and beverage facility to compliment the ever-improving golf course.
Full-time hours including weekends/bank holidays required on a rota basis
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and able to work individually as well as in a team, be euthanistic and proactive in moving the golf course/club to the next level and support the Head Green keeper both on a daily basis and in their absence.
Our Ideal Applicant:
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Sports Turf (desirable)
- Must have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in greenkeeping
- Pesticide PA1/2/6 (desirable)
- Familiar with the use of using and setting up grass machinery
- Chainsaw qualifications (desirable)
- First Aid at Work qualified (desirable, but can be provided)
- To be able to delegate and give instructions to other members of staff
- Must have a passion for greenkeeping with good attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart personal presentation and polite manner
- Team player
Salary to be discussed at interview
Apply with a CV and covering letter briefly outlining your experience and salary expectation to email@example.com”